Is that a dinosaur?


Our hens lead a great life. They are loved, cuddled by our 3 and 5 year old boys whether they want it or not. They also get to free range. We have always had a "life time service policy" with our hens. This means they are looked after by us until they die of natural causes. I guess this is a blessed existence compared to 99.999999% of the worlds hens.
We had one who I swear went through chicken menopause and used to attempt to crow! (Honest it was very funny).
Recently with the onset of spring I have discovered broken eggs on the driveway. What is going on I thought.
My 3 yo rang me today at work to tell me that the mystery was solved see attached image of an Australian Goanna. Now he makes sure the eggs are collected ASAP. I am sure one of the Hens will get performance anxiety as she is "checked for eggs quite often".
For more info see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goanna

2 Comments:
That reminds me I think of a story my Great Grandma's sister wrote many years ago. I have been typing it out, if it is similar I will post it to my blog.
I'm not sure how suitable the story is for my blog, and it is very long, but I have posted it.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home