Monday, September 2, 2013

House update

It has been some time since the last house building update. I have been getting some gentle and not so gentle reminders to do an update, so here it is.
The reason is that I have been busy working on finishing off little projects. A lot of them are a important step forward but aren't that photographic, a picture of a dug trench or a light installed on a ceiling just does not seem worthy of a picture.
See what I mean...


There still is a lot to do but the house project seems to have moved on from being a building site into a home.

The main bathroom tiling is now almost finished.



 We are waiting on a few special edge tiles to turn up.


The next leap forward will be the final fix requiring the Plumber to install the bath and the vanity. The Electrician still needs to finish off installing the lights and the extraction fan.

The floor board laying is now over. All 180 m2, 2190m l/m of it!



I feel that the quotes I have received to sand and seal the laid floor are just crazy. I just can not see how a weeks full time work is worth the figures I am seeing.
So I guess soon I will be learning to sand and seal the floor that I have laid. I realize doing it by myself will take longer than a week but it would take me months to earn the $ to pay someone else to do it!

I have been busy installing the sandstone window sills. I had these cut from local sandstone.


Externally the landscaping, including some huge raised garden beds have started to emerge.

All of the eaves are now in place. It was a very uncomfortable, difficult job which my Father helped me with. (thanks Dad!)

 I am about to add a metal sealing strip against the wall to spark proof the eaves. After that I am onto the painting!


More soon....  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home