Sunday, January 18, 2009

Pneumonia

Well I have been out of action for a week and a half now with "atypical pneumonia".
It has been a very rough time, with me feeling like crap, struggling to get enough oxygen and the great Australian Summer tossed in some wickedly hot days. One day the thermometer on the veranda that is permanently in the shade hit 43 C !
I have learnt that it is possible for one to cough so loud that your ears are left ringing and your ribs crack!
I can't believe how over he space of a few days I went from feeling like normal to being exhausted and in bed racked with coughing fits.
Anyway the triple combination of antibiotics seem to be working an I am slowly on the improve although the Dr says my right lung is still crackling. So we are adding another antibiotic to the combination!
The hot days have battered our Avocado trees and choko vines. They are really looking worse for the experience.
I will give them some attention when I am up to it.
More from me when I have recovered more. I have a few posts I have written previously I will post them soon.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ugh, sorry to hear you aren't well...get plenty of rest and get well soon.

January 18, 2009 at 10:34 PM  
Blogger Cwm Goch Chronicles said...

Hi Ramsey - very sorry to hear you're so unwell. Always bleh to get a cold in summer, but pneumonia!
Take it easy - rest up...probably a good time to have some down time, since the garden chores do the same at this time of year.

:)

January 18, 2009 at 11:01 PM  
Blogger Ramsey said...

Thanks for the kind comments. I appreciate them a lot!
I hope it cools down real soon for you over baked WA people.

January 19, 2009 at 4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home