Visitors and Gardening
We have had a welcome visitor (see picture) He came and stayed with us for around three weeks before wandering off again.
Garden Update
The Pumpkins and rock melons are really growing fast. They are already setting some small fruit! I have around 17 vines in, with both Australian Iron bark and Queensland Blue varieties from Eden Seeds. The Rockies were raised from seed saved from a really sweet melon from the shop so it is a bit of an experiment.
So far the vines have been untouched by the wallabies, possum's, and other various wildlife.
We have had some rain but so far nothing record breaking but it is very much welcome.
We had some run off which recharged our dam that we use for watering our orchard and veggie gardens.
This is always a welcome development.
The Hass Avocado trees haven't looked back since they were planted in the orchard. They have a heap of new growth.
I am also a real sucker for freshly squeezed lime juice in a glass of cold water so a 3rd lime tree has been planted. It is covered in little fruit and has not looked back since we gave it a new home.
The garlic plants are starting to dry off I think it is part of maturing process. This is the first year we have grown garlic so it is a learning exercise. The bush beans are in full production. We officially have more than we can cope with. I will be freezing some on the weekend.
I have become a fan of Warragul Greens. It grows so fast and keeps supplying us with a wonderful addition to the plate. I recommend them to anyone again the seed was from Eden Seeds.
The DW recreated the kale tart from "The Cook and the Chef's" (see web site).
http://www.abc.net.au/tv/cookandchef/txt/s2271389.htm
It was fantastic. So I recommend this recipe to those gardeners out there with a few good kale plants in.

2 Comments:
I have just got myself some warrigal green cuttings to plant, I hope they taste better than they look LOL
Hi Molly,
I just saw that you are making sure the Crone is ok. That is a very decent thing to do.
I thing the little Warrigal greens plant looks great. Thanks for your info about hot water and throwing away that water when cooking the greens, I didn't know.
The plants seem to like it where there is a bit of shade. The ones in full sun aren't as happy as those nestled around the bush beans
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home